Join the datanauts We’re looking for our next two superstar devs
We’re a small, fast and agile team who love code and work in a welcoming and informal environment where we keep processes to a minimum. We work hard on what we do, but we also make sure we have fun doing it. We’re always open to new languages and technologies without slavishy following the “next big thing”. If this strikes a chord with you, read on (unless you’re a recruiter in which case you should be aware we’re strictly no agencies)
You’ll be honest and hard-working and a passion for coding and learning new skills (and sharing those skills with colleagues). You’ll be confident in your ability without taking yourself too seriously.
Most of all, you’ll be open to new challenges and committed to delivering code that is robust, well commented and that delivers tangible benefits to our clients.
The most important skills you can have are the ability to think critically and solve problems. Languages come and go, but problem-solving is fundamental to what we do.
Our ideal candidate would have:
- Commerical programming experience in Ruby – though we can be flexible if you’re awesome and a quick learner
- Experience working with third party libraries and APIS
- Experience in creating and working with APIs
- Experience of Linux / Unix server administration
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL) and NoSQL solutions (such as Mongo, Couch, Redis, Elastic Search).
- Experience in test or behaviour driven development
We have a great office, based near the Open Market in Brighton. We have a relaxed working environment, birthdays off, childcare vouchers, and company pension.
We also believe that everyone who works with us should share in the success of our business. So, after your first year, you’ll become part of our employee profit share scheme.
The better the code we deliver the more success we all share!